Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Chverolet Aveo: 10 month review

Hey I'm talking about my Chevrolet Aveo. Here I'm summarizing my Chevrolet Aveo review. I know you all are thinking of "How I landed up with General Motors (GM)". As its long long story, I'm cutting it down here my car search. First, I was very much confused between small or hatchback car available at that time (Jan '10) in India. Second, there is very much limited choice for me as I'm 6 ft tall. For me Maruti Swift car
and Swift Dezire not in the contestants, as former is too common and latter is ugly looking sedan. So I narrowed down myself to Hyndai i10, Fiat Punto and Skoda Fabia. Almost finalize the Fiat Punto, but pull back after few advices and Fiat's image in India . Discarded i10 because of full beige interiors (looks uneven). Here comes the German baby. Offered with great 50K discount on it and impressed by the fit and finish but underpowered with 1.2L petrol engine (specially with AC ON and looking for Petrol only). Still I can say Fabia's true German impression are still on my mind, same about dealer's, negative though. As usual Skoda dealer was/is pathetic in dealing with customer. Here comes the D-day, on my way to usual Gurgaon Sec-14 trip, visited the Chevrolet showroom and queried about Aveo. Car looks awesome in Kashmiri Gold, dealer was giving heavy discount and freebies also. Even after the discount it was out of my budget but I know it can be managed this much. So next day along with BigB I took test drive and finalize the deal with thousands of question in my mind, also from my friends. Finally took delivery of my Chevy Aveo Sedan with in 7 days on first week of Jan '10. Here is few car pictures are here. I'll surely list the pros and cons of Chevy Aveo car in the end of this blog that might help you in your purchase.

Big front grill, give bold look

Impressive black 'n' beige combination. 

Dashboard design is best in class.


More then average back seat leg room.


Chevy comes home

Will post some more pics soon. Putting down Aveo's impression on me after 10 months of ownership.
Chevy Aveo Pros
Cons

Good Highway Manners
Under 10KMPL with AC ON, otherwise 11+

Matching Default Tyre profile
Slightly sluggish with AC ON

Superb Pickup
Fit n finish (comparing to Fabia)

Sleek gear Shift
Short Service Interval (5K, oil change at 10K though)

Super Chill AC
New Chevy Aveo will arrive soon

High Quality Music System

Good Specious Interiors


3 year tension free service


Best Interiors

For me its VFM

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.